This is an E-mail that was sent to me.
TO ALL MY FRIENDS…
LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE…
George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years.
The first six the economy was fine.
A little over one year ago:
1. Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high.
2. Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon
3. The unemployment rate was 4.5%
4) The DOW JONES hit a record high– 14,000 +
5) American’s were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!
But American’s wanted “CHANGE”! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes–we got ‘CHANGE” all right. In the PAST YEAR:
1) Consumer confidence has plummeted
2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon and climbing!
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase)
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and prices are still dropping
5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure
6) As I write, THE DOW IS PROABALY HITTING ANOTHER LOW ~~ $2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS & MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!
YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE…
AND WE SURE GOT IT! REMEMBER THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY CONGRESS DOES. AND WHAT HAS CONGRESS DONE IN THE LAST TWO YEARS? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. NOW THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO REALLY GIVE US CHANGE, AND HE HAS THE BACKING OF A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!! JUST HOW MUCH MORE “CHANGE” DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?